Create placemarks for:
- Three landmarks along the
- The locations where Lewis and Clark started, wintered over each year, etc.
- Physical features such as isthmus, straits, deltas; additional tasks would include incorporating images into the placemark
- Wonders of the Ancient World
- Label state capitals
- Your dream vacation and then write about why you selected those locations
- Locations that you learned about this year in class; what did you learn about this place (annotate the placemark)? Why is this place important to you?
- Locations that your ancestors lived; what were the push/pull factors (why did they move away from somewhere or move to somewhere)?
- The topic of your choice. Why did you make these placemarks? Why are they important to you?
- Vegetation and season
- Vegetation and terrain
- Elevation and vegetation patterns
Compare and Contrast
- Populations of different regions of a state (e.g. why do so many people live in the
) Willamette Valley
- Natural resources and industry
Measurements and Routes
- How far is it to..?
- How wide is...? How does this compare to Autzen stadium? To our school yard?
- How do you get to...? Where would you stop along the way? What would you see or do in these places?